Saturday, February 13, 2016

PACC 2016 preperations.... They never go as planned....

From last minute bought headset's to setting up antenna's... planning PACC never seems to be easy....

This week started wit me wanted to buy a new headset as my old computer headset which worked fine, was not comfortable at all....
So I went to several computer stores, and I just could not find something that suit me. Even online, it was never what I wanted. the lightweight stuff was flimsy and the more expensive better stuff made me look like a character in halo or some other Call of Duty kinda game.
So I ended up going to a somewhat local HAM store and got myself a Heil Pro6 Elite. Which is not even more expensive then the "high-end" gaming headsets anymore.....

When setting up the bigger ZS6BKW antenna I my backyard (and kids paying area behind my back-yard) somehow the towing line got stuck in the top, which obviously did not come loose easy again....

Again this year I had a major coffee incident.... no, not again a faulty machine... I was simply out of coffee.... as the Illy cups are not available in supermarkets, I usually order them online.....
next business day is Monday, not Saturday. So I had to drive to a supplier yesterday...

Then one of my close coworkers decided to leave the company, and his "goodbye-party" was last night... so I went to bed WAY too late, and could not sleep till like 03:00.....
This morning my body decided it would be a good idea to make sure I was wide awake at 08:00 in the morning... good for a work day, but not when you wanna start PACC at 13:00 and want to go on till late...

So here I am wide awake, still tired, but also very anxious for the PACC. This year is hopefully going to be as good of a year as last year (with a slight increase in points and ranking :) ).

Did you have stupid set-backs in your preparations? let us/me know in the comment section.

Good luck to all in the contest, if you hear me, do call me and give me that extra point.
If you want me to pay extra close attention to your callsign, drop me a msg via twitter or mail.
NO I WON'T DO A SKET.... i don't wanna be disqualified. :)

73's
Alex
PA1SBM



No comments:

Post a Comment