Monday, February 11, 2013

PACC 2013 "evaluation"

Today, the Monday after the PACC, I am still on something like a sugar rush.....
This PACC had e few memorable events for me....

First of all, i worked 2 of the most loyal followers of my blog.....

  • PE4BAS, Bas. I worked him and i don't think he noticed i was that guy from the blog..... So Bas, your prediction came true, you did work me :)
  • PA3GNZ, Tjeerd, Now i did not know it was him as he worked under a contest group call, but he was friendly enough to tell me his real call as well.
I am very happy i have worked them both :) I hope you guys did well in the contest....

So the other thing that happend......
On Saturday afternoon, i heard a small pile up on 20m and they were all yelling to HV5PUL.
This is a call from the vatican (a university). He was not working the PACC so i stopped PACC for a minute and called for a normal QSO to him, and i worked this station.(after he got annoyed from a few other dutch stations asking him for their number :) )
A nice adition to my own log, rare call, and a new dxcc for me. 

Then after diner on Saturday , i got this huge headache..... So i did not participate the whole Saturday evening night....
But !!!!
On Sunday morning i was back in action! And what action it turned out to be!
My first QSO on Sunday was............ VK2GWK !!!! 16.500KM !!!
This of course was a superb way to start the Sunday morning....
Now why am i so happy you might ask if you have like this huge beam etc.
I work with no amps (so 100w max) and i worked this on my Falcon OUT-250b, an antenna that a lot of people revere to as a dummy-load. (and so it shows it's far from that)
I of course put this in my personal log as well.... the QSO did not go easy, but it happend and i worked eastern Australia. I am well pleased with this.....

So looking back on the PACC... I did not make a huge number of QSO's... just 120....
But i had a great time, made contact with Bas and Tjeerd, worked the Vatican, and worked Aussie country!
For me it was all worth it.... i will be there next year... then with coffee, as i ran out of it saturday just befor the contest.....

I hope you all had a great PACC as well!
73's
Alex
PA1SBM

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Alex, leuke beschrijving van jouw belevenissen in de PACC contest. Beviel het smalle SSB filter goed? Had je wel nodig op 80m, tjonge wat een splatter daar. Ik had het pas later door dat jij het was, er ging wel ergens een lichtje branden en heb je call nog opgezocht op QRZ. Toen viel het kwartje maar jij was natuurlijk al weg ;-)
    Ik heb HV5PUL ook gewerkt, laat ik gewoon in mijn PACC log staan met nr. 001. Zo heb ik bijvoorbeeld ook JX9JKA gewerkt. VK2GWK was erg sterk hier 5/7 en ook gewerkt. Zelf ZL nog in het log staan. Ik zie wel achteraf wat geldig is of niet. Ik doe maar 1x in het jaar mee met een 24 uurs contest, dus als ik dan mooie DX kan werken dan doe ik dat. Alex, ik hoop je volgend jaar weer te treffen in de PACC, ik zal de call dan van te voren even opschrijven. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoi Bas,
      Ja, ik had er ook veel profijt van op 40m. veel harde (s9++++) die vlak naast elkaar zaten. Filter aan, att aan en voila... het was weer verstaanbaar. Ik ben erg blij met het filter, en die 119 euro....agh... dat is hij het nu al waard :)

      Volgend jaar doe ik zeker weer mee.... of het in dezelfde vorm is betwijfel ik.... misschien dat ik wel met een contest station mee ga doen... :)

      73's
      Alex

      Delete