Sunday, May 5, 2013

BITX20 - 22. VFO ups and downs ....

Hello all....

It has been a long while since i wrote on my blog... sometimes live just gives you no chance at all do do hobby related stuff.....
I always try to put my gf 1st , then work, then the rest....
Unfortunately sometimes my work takes so much time that even the gf gets put back to 2nd place... and i have to make up for this... People who are finding them self in this same problem will know that it takes twice as much time to make the gf happy again then what is should have taken to keep her happy.

So back to tech stuff....
First of all, i had some people message me and talk to me on local repeater to help me fix my problem.
And one person with a question.

lets start with the first one....


Have you set up the IF offset on the frequency counter. from john GW0TBT
John... I so hoped this was the problem... :) unfortunately , it was neatly set to 0...

Then i received this question...

hello
Сan you show how connect is new VFO (variable-capacitance diode) to the transceiver?
thanks

Not really sure how to type your name on my us-gb qwerty keyboard so i hope you can forgive me :)
I have not found this out myself.... as i am not at this point yet. I talked to PA1ED, and he said that it its really easy to see in the schematics.


So how about my VFO then....
Well it's still the same.... i went to a fair and i bought the stuff i needed and put that in. Still no proper frequency. At least now all parts are brand new and i can't blame those 2 trim capacitors anymore.
So now i really have to get into measuring every damn thing. This takes some time, and the 15 to 30 minutes i find these last few months will not give me enough time to really get this done.

I have a week off in a few weeks , and i hope to find a few hours to solve this.

As soon as i get stuff done, whatever the outcome i'll post it here off course :)

till then
Alex
PA1SBM

No comments:

Post a Comment