Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hello Linux, goodbye windows, please don't come back.....


I did it.... it took me a while..... had doubts.... was scared...

But yesterday evening i made backups of everything , and loaded the Debian 7 cd into the dvd drive...
I took 2 minutes of silence while Debian quickly and effectively killed my windows partitions and took over my system....

And after apt-getting a load of tools .....


Not sorry yet, do not think i will be..... the system performs like a amd64 4000+ with 8gb of ram again...
Not like an old slugish pentium2.

CQRlog is what you see running... in a few weeks i will write a post concerning installing and using this awesome tool.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex, will try CQRlog on my Ubuntu VM one of these days. To really switch over to linux I also need a good contest program like N1MM. Do you know any for linux?

    73 de PA1JIM, Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I only do the PACC contest, and i have no solution yet as for a contest logger. If you are a fan of contesting your demands for features are probably higher then mine. i just need to be able to send 200 qso's to the PACC crew :)

      But, if you find anything, please let me know... i do need a contest logger which will work for the pacc 2014 :)

      Delete